Menu
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TEL. NUMBER PERMANENTLY WITHHELD.

Where on any of VM's websites does it say that those on legacy copper wire get this service for free but via the hub costs £3pm?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@IKbrunel wrote:

I have had a response, in order for the info. to be made available to the Community, I am copying it below.

"This is now part of a bundle and costs £3 per month, you will also have unknown caller reject,"

@IKbrunel Thanks for updating the thread.  Seems odd to me to charge for a service that is free if you do it manually before each call.  I would not be prepared to pay that much to save me typing three digits.

@ModTeam Like Rodger I'd like to know where this price is documented.  As far as I can see this is the latest price guide:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/011119_Eve...

It does not list "Number conceal" in any of the bundles.  A search of the doc linked above for "conceal" only gets one hit and that is for the free 141 option.  I had been pointing folks at that document for the latest home phone costs, but it does not appear to be accurate.

While we are at it why is "Caller ID", which AFAIK is free for everyone, listed as a service included in two of the three "Feature bundles"? Looks like padding of the list of features (a bit shady) or a mistake and Caller ID should read "Number conceal" on the features list.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Roger_Gooner I will try and find out the ins and outs, I have been made aware by our telephony department that this is now part of said bundle.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is there any further progress with this?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us IKbrunel, unfortunately we don't have any features on our lines that can permanently conceal your number when dialling out, you would always need to use the 141 feature to do this. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have just found out some more information about this, please ignore what I said above, we dont have a free feature that is available but we do chargeable service at around £2.25 per month. I can get this added to your account if you'd like?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As stated previous, I will decline the offer of a paid service for this feature.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok no problem IKbrunel. Have a great day 🙂

Regards

Steven_L