Menu
mitchx_
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Switching

I'm looking to change to virgin, but don't want to change my home phone number, does anyone know if it is possible to do this? thank you

0 Kudos
Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching

Hi,

yes this is possible

please PM me your house number and postcode I will see if I can help you. to PM me just click on my name.

Kind regards

Zoe

I am a Virgin Media field technician working on a 2nd line support project. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

¤ Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me ¤

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi. Yes you can bring your number with you most of the time.
You would have to ask us to port your number over from your old provider.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

batfrancy79
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have the same question.
Can you share the steps we need to take when wanting to keep the landline number from previous provider?

Is there a Virgin form online that I can fill out?

Thanks!

Francesca 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @batfrancy79

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 hope you find all the help you need on here!

Thank you for making your first post regarding keeping your old phone number when switching over.

When you order our home phone services, we ask you if you want to keep your number. Once we’ve confirmed we can move it, the next part depends on how your services are being installed.

QuickStart

Once you’ve set up and activated your services, we’ll begin the process of switching over your number, which could take up to 10 days.

Technician install

On the day of your install our technicians will get your phone services set up, making sure that your number has also switched over.

For more information, please visit this page here

Thanks!

Serena

0 Kudos