cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to fibrenetwork

eric4395
Tuning in

I have been given a date for the switchover to fibre network using the adapter but I am away on holiday what's my options?

8 REPLIES 8

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eric4395 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

If you are on holiday and the switchover goes through, no problem, the switchover is done on the network.
When you're back, you'll have been switched over, the only thing you need to do is put the adapter in to the back of the Virgin Media Hub, in the port "TEL 1" and that's it, we'll provide this for you.

Let us know of any questions you have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas..

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Thanks for the reply however the guidelines say the following regarding the adapter plug in ?

"You just need to make sure you do it on the date shown in your letter so you don’t lose your services"

Thanks for the reply @eric4395.

From what I am aware, when the team contact to arrange the new VOIP line, that is referring to you not losing your services, not necessarily having the adapter plugged in.
Feel free to message our WhatsApp team on +447305 327 112 and they will be able to confirm for you the date you need to have it switched over by to avoid the telephone line having any issues post holiday.

Let us know what they say.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi just a "virtual" call and answer system then tell you to wait indefinitely for an agent to speak to ?

Thanks for the reply @eric4395.

It is a messenger service, not a number to call.
Once an agent is free, they will pick up your queyr.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Looks like I need an engineer as my hub is upstairs and my phone connection is downstairs so looking at bringing hub downstairs

No worries, we'll get a private chat started.
I'll send a private message to get this process rolling.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @eric4395on the forums.👋🏼

I'm glad to hear our team on the messenger chat were able to assist and get you the appointment as needed.
As advised - let us know how it goes when you're back form holiday and always feel free to reach out to us if you need anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team