cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching off Landline Voicemail

HWD
Tuning in

I wish to switch off the voicemail (accessed by dialling 1571) answering service on my Virgin landline as it is cutting in before the answerphone in the house has chance to cut in - a real nuisance.

I have tried dialing #72 to no avail, maybe because my phone is not a Virgin one.

I spent a large part of yesterday on 150 going round in circles. Twice the technician said he understood what I wanted and disappeared for minutes on end and then came back and asked me what the problem was again. The third time he said that he understood (again) and that the service would be switched off by today. It has not been switched off!

I did not ask for this service and I do not want it. Can someone please help?

4 REPLIES 4

theinternetguy
Up to speed
The only way I would recommend is dialling the dreadful 150 and trying to get through to someone who actually understands. You can’t do it online through My Virgin Media either unfortunately.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HWD

Welcome to the forum community 🙂 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your voicemail but has this been sorted now or do you still need out help? 

Happy to assist if so 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Damain
Joining in

Hi

Will you please switch off our virginmedia landline answerphone. Messages have been accumulating and we had no idea they were there until we were testing our phone. 

Thank you

Hi Damain,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

So I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm