Menu
snts
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switching landline number

Hi,

My mother has a Virgin landline...and, having tried unsuccessfully to ring her, i went down there this morning to discover that the landline number had changed! Also, the area code! I haven’t received any emails warning me of this, and I only discovered this after spending the entire morning unplugging cables and accidentally phoning my mobile from the said landline. I would like to know why this has happened? Especially as there was no warning. 

S

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching landline number

Hi there @snts

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that your mother is having an issue with her landline. I can see from your other thread that you do have a technician booked out to come and take a look - please do let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be happy to step in.

As our VIP @nodrogd has advised though, different area codes can't live or reside in the same cabinet so this sounds more likely to be an account issue rather than a crossed line. 

If you'd like us to take a closer look, please do pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
snts
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply...I did check everything a thousand times...she received a phone call at 10.30, a friend, and then suddenly within the space of half an hour, her number was unavailable! So after a few hours of me trying everything, I rang my mobile from her landline and a different number came up! It’s particularly worrying as she has a pendant alarm! As there’s clearly nothing wrong with her phone, it must be the line? 
    S

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @snts

With your Mum having a lifeline, would you like us to take a closer look? When is your technician booked - are we attending today as per our Priority service?

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
snts
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer isn’t until next Thursday...I tried calling yesterday but couldn’t wait long enough...got called away

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll pop you a Private Message @snts - we can take a closer look at the issue and account and if a technician is needed, we can contact our Priority team to see if this can be actioned within the next 4 working  hours. 

Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos