cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching home phone

CeliaRoxburgh
Joining in

We have been on holiday and come back to no landline due to the switchover to fibre! Our phone connection isn’t near the hub which is at the back of the house, to connect the new device. Can you help please. 

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CeliaRoxburgh 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your landline has stopped working due to the home phone switch over. 

The phoneline does not need to be connecting into the master phone socket or extension anymore to work and will only require the phone to be next to the router with a power socket. 

However if you do need to keep your set up as you have it with your phone in the other room, we can arrange for an engineer to rewire and cable to connection from the router to your phones location. 

Please do let me know if you are happy to, and have managed to relocate your phone to your router and it is working with the adapter, or if you would prefer us to book an appointment to rewire. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

thank you for your reply Carley. I’m not sure I’m understanding you correctly. We have a twin phone unit. We tried moving one to the back room and plugged it into a socket in the room the router is. I tried calling it but nothing? It’s ringing from my mobile but not the actual phone. Can anyone call and talk me through it or does it need the engineer? If so can you let me know and that there will be no charge for this. Kind regards. Celia 

Ah okay, just to confirm, do you have the adapter that we sent to you through the post for the switch over?

If so, when you have the phone next to the router, the adapter goes into the GREY TEL 1 port at the back of the router, and the phoneline that used to connect into the phone socket in the wall goes into this adapter as well. 

Let me know if you have the set up correct, very important the the adapter is in the GREY TEL 1 port at the back of the router. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you Carley. Yes we have the adaptor BUT the phoneline is in a cupboard in the hall which is TOO FAR from the router and why we can’t connect it.  If you need to arrange for an engineer to come out please let me know. 

Okay, no worries @CeliaRoxburgh, we can look to arranged an appointment for you. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

CeliaRoxburgh
Joining in

I’m sorry I didn’t see this earlier as my phone was on charge. Hopefully we can pick up in the morning. I’ll check in again. Kind regards. Celia 

Hi Carley. It’s all sorted now. I fed back to Reece. Scott from virgin came out and fixed it so we’re all good. Thank you for your help 

regards. Celia