cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched without notification

rfwilmut
On our wavelength

On Monday I discovered that my landline (which I don't use very often) was not working at all. I Reported this, and an engineer was booked for Tuesday (which I rescheduled for today, Wednesday). He told me that the reason for this was that I had been switched to digital phone, and he carried out the necessaty steps to get it working. He qas quicki and efficient and all is now working.

HOWEVER I am not pleased that I was switched without notification. Suppose this had been my only phone (which it isn't) and I had had a medical emergency while it was not working - at 81 this is always a possibility. The consequences could have been serious. To add the icing to the cake, Virgin rang to say the engineer might be late ON THE VIRGIN LINE WHICH WAS DEAD (they left a message). That's plain daft, and not notifying me in the first place was completely irresponsible. I hope for other more vulnerable people's sake this sort of thing is not frequent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rfwilmut thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We did communicate details of the switchover to all customers either via letter or email depending on what your contact preferences are, but if you didn't receive this then we are extremely sorry for this.

Despite this, we are glad that the switchover was successful and the line is now working.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rfwilmut thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We did communicate details of the switchover to all customers either via letter or email depending on what your contact preferences are, but if you didn't receive this then we are extremely sorry for this.

Despite this, we are glad that the switchover was successful and the line is now working.

If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W