cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over - please check phone line error on phone.

PhoneNoWork
Just joined

Hey, phone went dead today so knew it was time for the switch over.

Plugged phone using adapter into port 1 on router as instructed and when signed into the routers admin page can see telephony ( ready) so appeared all was well... however on my phone handsets it tells me to check phone line and i'm unable to call out or receive any calls ?.

Anything else I need to do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PhoneNoWork 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear your phoneline isn't working. Do you hear a dial tone at all on your handset? 

Make sure the adapter is in the grey TEL 1 port.

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PhoneNoWork 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear your phoneline isn't working. Do you hear a dial tone at all on your handset? 

Make sure the adapter is in the grey TEL 1 port.

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

All sorted thanks, my mum had plugged it into one of the yellow internet port 1 and not the grey telephone ones.

Thank you.

Great to hear this is resolved for you now @PhoneNoWork 

This is an easy mistake to make. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley