cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over day! Line is dead…

risc19
Well-informed

Switch over day has arrived for us and the hubs gui says telephony is ready, great I thought. 

The problem is that the new line is completely dead and the old analogue line is still active. 

I tried two different phones and two different adapters to connect it to the hub. Nothing. 

Any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

risc19
Well-informed

Oh and yes I have rebooted the hub5. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @risc19 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your phone line. Just to check, have you had a letter confirming the switch over date for the telephone line? 

Thank you.

Yes the 9th of may at 9:00am. 

Hub rebooted at 10:00am. 

Thank you for confirming this @risc19 

Just to confirm that you are connected into the TEL 1 port at the back of the router rather than the ethernet ports? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes it’s in tel port 1. 

Thank for confirming this @risc19 

I have raised this with the team to investigate further for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Now I was always understood that when they give you a ‘change over day’ it can literally happen at any time during that day, presumably when an overworked and overloaded tech gets around to doing it - and certainly not at a specific ‘time’ regardless of the message you may have been sent.

In addition, from some posts on here, occasionally it doesn’t actually happen at all on the day specified, but rather some random point in the future. All I can suggest is that you leave the phone connected to the old wall socket and periodically check it to see if you get a dealing tone. If you do then the switch hasn’t happened yet; when it goes dead, then connect it to the hub and ‘fingers crossed’ it’ll be working!

Hi @risc19 

I can see that the team have been in touch and have supported you on this issue. 

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any further issues. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes the man on the phone was very helpful, He has arranged for an engineer to come out today. They said they can make adjustments for corded phones that, at the moment don't ring.