Menu
Mnt1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Switch off landline voicemail

My Virgin home phone is going to voicemail after 7 rings.  I did not know this service was on (assumed it was a fault with handset base) so replaced handsets.  Same issue occurring so I’m wondering if voicemail has been added to my line without me knowing.  I need this facility switched off but cannot find out how.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switch off landline voicemail

Hi Mnt1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you weren't aware voicemail was activated, this is something that comes as standard with our land line unless asked to removed.

I will be be than happy to remove this for you, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Mnt1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Paul who after a private message conversation has de-activated the voicemail on my account.

He confirmed that it can take 24 hours but would stop from then.  Regards.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mnt1,

I'm really pleased that Paul's been able to get this sorted for you. Do let us know whether you're still having trouble once the 24 hours have passed and we can always take another look.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Rooney1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please pull out that wire to switch off my landline voicemail, thanks

There are dozens of threads, with hundreds of people, all asking the same thing: 'please switch off landline voicemail'.

It appears this is not possible without either: (1) calling Virgin and waiting on hold for a long time; or (2) creating a username and password, confirming it by email, posting a comment here, then waiting for someone at VM to contact the user individually within 24 hours.

Seriously Virgin, why can't we as users switch off the landline voicemail ourselves? It seems ridiculously slow and labour intensive for someone at Virgin to have to do this simple thing manually. It makes me think there are banks of people sitting in a Virgin exchange somewhere:-)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pA6MMD2Vxo

Anyway, I don't want to sit listening to the Virgin hold music for hours so I'm taking route (2). So could someone at VM please pull out the wire that connects my landline voicemail machine? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please pull out that wire to switch off my landline voicemail, thanks

Hi Rooney1, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant team. 

To remove the service we will just need to confirm some details so I am going to pop you over a private message. This message will be available via the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos