cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect phone call.

pentode
On our wavelength

Just had a suspect phone call  from [MOD EDIT: Spoofed number] claiming to be from Virgin Media. saying that they were doing some work and would cause the internet to slow down, I let him 'chunner' away a short while while doing a number search then put the phone down AND blocked the number.

On doing a number search there was various reasons why this number was reported  AND not just from Virgin Media!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The same number range was mentioned yesterday on another topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/IP-country-address-incorrect/td-p/5403663

The scammers must be having a busy week

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pentode 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are being called by a number that does not belong to us ☹.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you click this 👉🏼 link, will give you more information on how to report the number and what to do with it.

You did the right thing by blocking the number.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pentode
On our wavelength

Thanks for 'modding' the number, I did have second thoughts after, I left it as a warning to all.... I should have been more clearer too, that number had other companies listed not just VM.

VM Cable phone would be even greater if one could bar the number 'at source' at the exchange end and they listed ALL the bogus numbers for all to see.

Dave

pentode
On our wavelength

Just to add..... reporting Email, Phone abuse or scams should be MORE upfront and PLAIN to see rather that drop down windows for this er' that. Dave

Sorry to see it has caused inconvenience Pentode, we will take this feedback and report it to the relevant team. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide