Menu
Laurarara
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Support for elderly - during virus concerns

Just a thought for Virgin Teams - could this large company offer customers over 65, and possibly isolated now, a free phone service for the duration this virus runs?

I've seen some big supermarkets are making up OAP packs to collect in the stores, as greed has taken over and it's hard for them to find basics at present.

I can imagine that using the phone will be a true lifeline over coming weeks for a lot of elderly folks who don't (or can't) use the internet.

mutt08
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Support for elderly - during virus concerns

Totally agree but they should offer it to all their customers.

Demand for land line calls nowadays must be really low due people using cell phones therefore leaving plenty of spare capacity in the service.

backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They announced this for Virgin Mobile customers, yet they haven't offered it for landline customers.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And I believe it’s Virgin Mobile contract customers, not PAYG. Again most older people will only have PAYG as they only use mobiles for emergencies.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

" And I believe it’s Virgin Mobile contract customers, not PAYG. Again most older people will only have PAYG as they only use mobiles for emergencies."

Typical, the very people we are supposed to be caring for, and helping, are the very ones VM are in fact penalising!!

My parents are on PAYG because they only need to phone and text now and again, and for emergencies. As they are both in their 80's and are 'supposed' to be self-isolating, this makes it VERY expensive. 

Do VM care?? NO, of course not.. Yet I am fit, able bodied, own a smart phone and have a monthly contract, yet they offer me more than I need  (I can easily stay well within my allowances  each month, even in this type of emergency) and what do they do?? offer me an extra 10GB of data and unlimited calls and texts that I don't need.

VM obviously think 'looking after the regular income' (monthly contracts) is far more important than looking after the elderly or vulnerable!!

Laurarara
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would like to raise this again - I'd still like to see more done for pensionable aged customers who don't need a heavy use mobile. Simple to use - simple to understand (please)....... I am so tired of having to go through complexities of customer retention for a hard of hearing/blind parent.
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurarara,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We always welcome feedback for ways to improve any of our service and make it more manageable for our older customers.

We value your ideas and we will forward these on to management in the hope that we can make things simpler and easier for the future.

We will pass these comments on for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos