Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Suggested service improvement, phone & broadband

My service was interrupted last Sunday because an over-enthusiastic car driver caused the equipment cabinet to be demolished. These things happen....

Internet service was restored later that day (good, sort of) BUT I've had no working phone service until this morning (first available appointment, not so good.) (Bizzarely, my phone rang when it detected attempted incoming calls, but there was no way of actually talking, nor of making an outgoing call. The 'fault checker' on the website said 'o fault', which was untrue in my case. So the checker doesn't work properly.)

The fitter called bang on time (excellent) and said he'd fixed it, true.

However, I find no trace of a record of a large number of failed incoming calls on the 1571 service. This is very remiss, as I can't call my callers to see what it was about.

Suggestion 1: enable this, or a similar, facility.

Suggestion 2: Your fitter said that failure to connect my phone line in the cabinet was very careless. The repair job wasn't completed in that respect. So I urge that the contractor be instructed routinely to call each subscriber from eg a mobile to verify that each connection is working (or leave a message asking us to call Virgin on a specified number so you can capture the presence or absence of such confirmation.)

Suggestion 3: on grounds that this outage wasn't my fault and the consequences were down to negligence by your contractor, not me, the 2 days' 'no compensation' period seems mean and unjust. I've had no working connection for 7 days, counting a failed incoming call today before your fitter mended it. Please compensate me for those 2 days.

Suggestion 4: rejig the website 'fault checker' so that it accurately handles all possible fault conditions.

Have tried to log these concerns and suggestions by phone, but 45 min in and no reply I'm surrendering.

Please acknowledge soonest. [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suggested service improvement, phone & broadband

There is sadly no evidence that VM take any notice of customer suggestions.  Many have tried offering ideas, suggestions and proposals, but nothing changes.  Which is hardly surprising given that VM make local government look like models of innovative, lean, listening, customer focused efficiency. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnrichardrose,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you were without services due to our cabinet being damaged by a driver, I appreciate the frustration in this.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, in regards to compensation this is done automatically if the criteria is hit, we are unable to add any compensation for this, if you aren't happy with this and with to raise an official complaint you can do this via our Complaints code of practice .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1) You are using a Residential service with no fixed SLA for fault resolution. Do not expect a business class compensation scheme for a Residential service. You won’t get one.

2) The compensation scheme is the one approved by the industry regulator & everyone on a Residential service gets treated the same no matter who you are with.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos