Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strange landline problem

On several occasions over the past few days my home phone has rung with a mobile number showing. On picking up, I can hear a conversation going on quietly between 2 people who seem to be able to hear me.

On hanging up and dialling 1471, I get the previous caller's number, not the mystery mobile that's just called.

Also, intermittently I get a high pitched alarm-like sound on picking up the phone on top of the usual dial tone. This continues during any phone call I make.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange landline problem

Good afternoon, 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for you post. 

That dose sound a little strange, I can't see any faults from our side hear, however It dose sound as though there could be a crossed line, I am going to need to send you a tech out. 

I have arranged this for you, you can check/cancel and re-arrange this information via your online account

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zac!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak_M!

Engineer came yesterday and diagnosed a line crossed with someone down the road. All sorted now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corner512, thanks for the message and we are glad to see that this is now resolved. let us know if you need anything further and have a good day. ^Chris 

0 Kudos