Menu
plums1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for my old Virgin number to be ported across ....

On 18 May 2020 we requested a new Virgin account online to be in my partner's name, closing down the account in my name.  The new account was to be self-install with our number ported across so that we could continue to use the same Virgin phone number that we have had for the last 3 years.  We were notified that the equipment would arrive on 18th June ready for the new-install date on 19th June.  Nothing arrived on 18th June but then engineers arrived on 19th June - luckily we were in.  However, nobody seemed to know anything about the number being ported across even though it was requested on the form a month before.  The engineer said he would put it through as a request and it should take about a week. 

Well, here we are on 03 July and still nothing.  Trying to find out what is happening is like wrestling jelly!!  Can anyone tell me how to get the answer please?  Beginning to wish I'd never bothered.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for my old Virgin number to be ported across ....

If you set up a new account in a new name I wouldn't expect you to retain your number. 

I'm not sure if Virgin would support that as people may fraudulently create a new account to get the new customer offers but aren't actually a new customer. 

0 Kudos
plums1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.  I'm still a bit confused though as to why we were told we could have the number ported across yet it's not done.  I did call our local Virgin rep (we still have his contact details from when we had the very first install 2 and a half years ago).  He maintains that the number can be ported over, although it can take a little longer than 10 days.  I will keep trying to get through to the Customer Service team.  I guess the worst outcome is that we change our number and I make sure I let friends/family/banks/doctor/ etc etc know.   

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey plums1,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your number transfer, we can see if the number is still available but it may have already been assigned to a new customer.

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos