cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for landline to be transfered?

redzed
Joining in

Received the Quickstart, Self Installation pack 17 days ago on the 25th of March but am still waiting for the landline to be transferred?

I've tried ringing to speak to someone this morning, using my mobile, but they either cannot hear me or the line simply goes dead when waiting for someone to answer.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @redzed 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline being transferred. Can you confirm is this a landline number port request from your old provider or are you querying the home phone switch over so your landline plugs into the router? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for reply.

When I signed up I requested that I retain my old number and read on here that Vm would do the rest, ie, contact my current landline provider (Vodafone) and arrange the transfer and close that account.  I don't know if Vm have requested the port but the number is still working with Vodafone so I assume the port hasn't happened. 

Thanks for confirming @redzed 

Okay, let's see what's happening at our side then with your number port request and we can go from there. It's good that the number is still active with Vodafone as it will need to be active for us the physically request it. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @redzed 

Glad we were able to get this processed for you today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 
Let me know if your number has still not ported over in 10 days or if you have any further concerns on this issue. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley