Menu
WayWay
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Still no landline...

Ok. After great difficulty replying to a member of Virgin Media in a private message... as the replies would NOT send with the account number he requested, I did manage to reply WITHOUT the account number but have heard nothing since. So I had no option but to book an engineer for Tues 28/07/20 ref 73384805 the FIRST available appointment. We are SHIELDING so are not supposed to have people in our home as I had mentioned in my original post. I will now have NO landline until at least the 28/07/20 which will be a week. As we have a family member on the extremely vulnerable register this isn’t ideal is it? Very unhappy and very worried right now as we have a 93 year old family member in sheltered accommodation who only has our landline number programmed into his phone, and we are not allowed to visit him. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no landline...

HI WayWay, we are sorry for the delayed reply and do aim to answer posts as soon as we can. We are happy to hear that you have managed to book the appointment and the engineer will aim to get this resolved for you. It is likely that the phone socket needs reconnecting to the cabinet. Chris. 

0 Kudos
WayWay
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no landline...

Thank you for your reply. So what do I do until Tuesday? I am in a very stressful and worrying situation as I am sure you can empathise. We have been shielding since the beginning of March and rely on e mail and landline to communicate. Elderly father in law doesn’t do e mail or mobile phone so is there some way to get an engineer out as a priority considering our circumstances? I spoke to contractors CONWAY who are replacing pavements currently and they insist it isn’t them. I have three phones, two boxes, and none work in either box. The automated remote diagnostic via my phone call stated there was an issue.

0 Kudos