cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter requested

acl92
Joining in

I moved to a new address and every flat in my property has VM but mine. I called a couple of weeks ago to get a spotter and no one showed up at the scheduled appointment. After calling VM again, they said now that they are not sure they can install it in my flat, even though they said it could be installed 100% guaranteed before.

Now I need to wait for a call for the possibility of a spotter getting to the property. I really need broadband for work and there is a cable from Virgin Media in the flat (I believe it's just a matter of adding a connector). How can I get a spotter to show up? This is just ridiculous...

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi acl92, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the confusion around the serviceability of your flat - and that an appointment didn't go ahead as expected.

If a spotter needs to be sent out then it's odd we would guarantee the service can be installed, I'm sorry if that was suggested at any point. 

It's my understanding the spotters won't always communicate with you directly, in many cases they come and check the site then feed it back to the relevant teams. 

If you're sure a spotter hasn't already been to assess the site then it would be best to get back in touch with sales on 0800 183 1234 who will be able to help further.

Tom

Workingman
Joining in

Hello the engineers ran  rg11 cable from my property to the cabinet the engineers did the install and checked there was power and signal all I need is to create an account send me media box and whenever I call virgin im told my property is showing unavailable I confused and requested a spotter to come I never hear from anyone and when I call there is no reference because of no account number but I cannot create account until spotter has been Vicious circle does anybody have any advice please many thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Workingman,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with getting a spotter out.

I will send you a private message so I can help you further, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right corner of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Workingman

Thank you for talking to me in a private message. 

I hope you get the answers you are looking for from the number provided 🙂

Have a lovely evening.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide