Menu
Mohsin
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spam calls

So far I've had four calls, answer it and silence before going dead. Phoned up VM who were hopeless and clearly reading from a script and not listening to what I said otherwise they would of realised it answered all the script questions. I would of been better not bothering to call them.

For anyone who wants to add numbers to their blocked list then here's the numbers I've had so far today.

[MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam calls

Hi there @Mohsin 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this has been happening! I can confirm, though I'm sure you are aware, these are not Virgin numbers.

You can read up on phishing calls here, but it sounds as though you have handled them exactly as we would recommend. Can I ask what you called us to enquire about? If I can offer any help or advice the telephone agent wasn't able to I'd be more than happy to do so.

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have asked a forum mod to remove the numbers you have posted. This is because the scammers are now cloning genuine numbers used by other innocent customers & businesses, so you are in effect posting other people’s private information.

The calls you are getting are generated by a robot dialler. If it gets a human on the other end it adds you to a list of numbers that the scammers can follow up by real calls, so expect more of these in the near future from the scammers themselves.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mohsin
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleigh_C,

Sorry I don't know how to quote reply but I had phoned to report the constant calls. Despite me telling the person exactly what was happening I was asked questions from a script which I had already answered. It didn't help when the same questions were being asked.

Also today I've had a further three spam calls.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Mohsin wrote:
Hi Ashleigh_C,

Sorry I don't know how to quote reply but I had phoned to report the constant calls. Despite me telling the person exactly what was happening I was asked questions from a script which I had already answered. It didn't help when the same questions were being asked.

Also today I've had a further three spam calls.

There is nothing that VM can/will do to stop these calls for you, unfortunately.

Read this topic below from today from message #11 onwards for suggestions on third party call-screening phones and equipment to deal with the problem.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Does-my-hub-really-need-updating/td-p/47555...

Blocking individual numbers is unlikely to be successful as the fake caller IDs change regularly, so any numbers entered into a phone's blocked list are unlikely to ever be used against you in a future scam call. Screening calls is the most effective route to take IMO.

0 Kudos