Menu
trurorules
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam calls on Landline and Mobile and spam emails

Hi

I have been receiving spam phone calls on my landline and mobile and I am also getting a lot of spam emails too. I did get a message from Virgin a few weeks ago to say that my account may have been hacked. As that message was sent via email I didn't click the link on it but did change my online password anyway.

I reported the spam landline calls today via 150 and am sending the spam emails to the phishing email team. I don't seem to be getting any information from Virgin ref progress.

Has anyone else experienced the same recently? Am I or have I done the correct procedure?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam calls on Landline and Mobile and spam emails

Phishing landline call have been rife for several months. Threatened internet disconnections. Amazon Prime account issues, & more recently it has moved to home insulation re the government’s announcements.

In short, almost all of us are getting them. Everyone I have spoken to locally has been getting several a week if not several a day, usually from “spoofed” numbers beginning 06 (which is a number range not used in the UK).

Try to avoid answering them. If they get a real person they usually ramp things up.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
trurorules
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam calls on Landline and Mobile and spam emails

Thank you 

0 Kudos