Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam caller

Keep getting calls saying either my tv or internet is getting turned off within 4 hours how can i get rid of these calls. My elderly mother suffers frim memory issues and i am affraid she will get caught out

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam caller

HI iansc1971, thanks for the message, we are sorry to hear that you are being called like this, would you look at changing the landline number? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Id prefer not to as all family friends work ect has this number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Elaborating on the answer given in your duplicate post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Scams/m-p/4399506

have a look at trueCall, CPR Call Blocker or one of the phone ranges with call screening and blocking facilities (depending on your budget). (Be aware though that the forum has heard of a few isolated issues with some of the cordless phone types and caller ID issues on VM connections).

You need a device that will automatically screen the calls as blocking individual numbers will not work because the incoming numbers are fake.

Have a read through the trueCall blocker manual here

https://www.truecall.co.uk/category-s/126.htm

to see how it works and screens and processes the calls before deciding whether to ring the phone or not.

Whichever device you choose, read some online reviews for any possible issues on a VM line (esp. if using a 21CV connection from the back of the hub). Make sure the supplier has a good returns policy in case of any technical issues as above.

I have used the trueCall device on a conventional VM phone line connection for the past few months and it has totally eliminated the spam robo-calls.

0 Kudos