Menu
Soulripper
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spam call after spam call

Had to change me number a few months back and haven’t even given it out to family as don’t really use it ever, registered the number on the normal site to stop spam calls but that seems to never work, I have literally had 4 calls in the last 20mins from 2 claiming to be Amazon one from by and one from visa.

on on virgin you really need to get some software or hardware to stop this **bleep** happening every day 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam call after spam call

Hi @Soulripper

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear after changing your number the scam calls persist. We can understand the frustration these calls may have caused. Please try the following link and let us know if it is helpful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Soulripper wrote:

Had to change me number a few months back and haven’t even given it out to family as don’t really use it ever, registered the number on the normal site to stop spam calls but that seems to never work, I have literally had 4 calls in the last 20mins from 2 claiming to be Amazon one from by and one from visa.

on on virgin you really need to get some software or hardware to stop this **bleep** happening every day 

https://www.truecall.co.uk/category-s/116.htm

screens the calls and filters out the automated scammers. Some BT phones have 'trueCall technology' built in (look for this in the product description) and work in a similar kind of way. The standalone device has more customisation options for how it handles the calls.

0 Kudos
Soulripper
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had another one since doing this post, not spending any money to fix this issue, just going to disconnect the **bleep** phone!!!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Soulripper.

Have you been able to look through the information on the link sent out by my colleague earlier to help stop these calls from happening?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Soulripper wrote:

What software can you use on a 150 year old phone system? Its akin to trying to install an anti-virus programme on a Commadore 64. Our analogue phone system was never designed to be connected to the internet, so until the entire system can be upgraded to digital (which is planned for 2025) we are stuck with filtering the calls ourselves.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos