Menu
ewalker
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Someone from virgin media keeps calling

Today my parents have had about 4 phone calls from some Indian man and woman claiming to be from the tech department of Virgin Media and saying they have found some sort of connection issue and will then suddenly hang up on us. 
This is starting to make my parents very angry. 
When we ask for more details they hang up and when we question them they hang up. I can not find any problems on our phones, TV boxes or the Wi-Fi. I know there have been works in our area but I am sure those are finished and I don't think Virgin Media would be contacting US if there is a problem (You have never done that in the past so why start now).
I do believe these are fake calls but because of the nature of the calls and because of covid, my parents are unable to call you to check this out.
Now make that 5 calls in the last 1 hour.
I don't know if this is the right place to put this as there is as I couldn't find a customer service email or something like it.
If someone could let me know that these are indeed fake calls, I can put my parents minds to rest.
Thank you
E Walker

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Someone from virgin media keeps calling

Hello

These are calls made by scammers, there will be nothing wrong and it is certainly not Virginmedia. They can ignored have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there ewalker and thanks for letting us know about these calls. Unless you're expecting a call, we don't call our customers for faults and prefer to communicate via your online account and our service checker. As DJ_Shadow1966 has advised, please don't give them any information and see that link.

Thanks,

Lisa

ewalker
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I can let my parents know not to worry and just hang up if they call, I will take a look at the link shortly.

0 Kudos
ewalker
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help and the link, you have helped put my parents minds to rest xx

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great week.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos