Did you mean: 

Sloppy text from VM

Declanworld
Fibre optic

Have a look at this exchange by text - I can only guess what they mean:

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-30 at 5.36.20 PM.jpeg

61 REPLIES 61

Hi Declanworld,

We do apologise that you have not had any update regarding your question from July. I have chased this again with my colleague this afternoon, as soon I have any more information I will post back.

Kind regards Jodi. 

232 days.

Declanworld

I honestly would give up trying to get an answer, which obviously doesn't help you, but I suppose it's what VM want you to do, hence the radio silence.

I'm really displeased at the emergency phone solution provided by VM (and BT)[1], although to be honest they are only following the guidelines set out by govt, who really should still be thinking of better solutions too rather than just leaving it to providers.

Spoiler

[1]: So annoyed that; as well as having a mobile backup, I also have reactivated the old copper line - for as long as that lasts. But at least I know that with my UPS(s), mobile, VM, and BT line as backup[*]. we should be able to last without power for a good 5+ hours & have a line somehow. 1 hour is a joke, in my area; mobile masts (without going into the main village at some distance) die in a cut.

* I have an additional battery that'll happily power the BT hub for about 12+ hours, but this is overkill, and even then who's to know how long the exchange will last?

I honestly wish I could power the VM hub this way too, but without going into crazy money, just to power the VM hub (and the RFoG converter outside).

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

The bizarre aspect is that I'm not asking someone to flick a switch or come to my home - it's just me asking a phone company to define the charges for a phone.

274 days.

I've received an answer at last, although inadvertently.  VM wrote to say that my EBUL was to be replaced.  When the engineer arrived, he noted that I already had the latest model, so he just replaced the SIM card.

I found then, by calling a mobile, that all outward calls (to ANY number) registered as coming from my VM landline.  Calling my landline from my mobile activated as a call on the EBUL.

Previous to this, the EBUL had a mobile number  - whether it still does but is overridden by the landline number I don't know.  At last I have an answer - calls would be charged according to the phone package.

Hi Declanworld,

Changes in the business, especially ones like this where one of our products are changing, are restricted as internal knowledge on a "need-to-know" basis as there could be various circumstances such as delays, or faults found with the products before mainstream release.

Due to this, we have been unable to provide further details until now - we're very sorry about that. But to confirm, the newer versions of E-BULs do now allow calls to be made to any number.

It sounds like you had received an upgraded version in error ahead of planned release. We are sorry again that we had been unable to provide a clear answer to your question much earlier.

If you do need anything else or have any other questions, please let us know.

Beth

All's well that ends well - thanks Beth.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Declanworld,

<snip>

If you do need anything else or have any other questions, please let us know.

And is the customer charged call costs as per the T&Cs of their particular VM landline package (irrespective of whether the call is routed via the EBUL (on mobile) or hub (via 21CV landline)?

VM reply to DM:

"the latest versions of the EBUL can call out to other numbers and they should be included within your plan, the system will only show and charge for connected calls but if you're on that package, there will be no charges."