Menu
I2110
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Landline no. transferred then changed by Virgin - Help

Hi,

I joined Virgin on 27th October 2020 and requested my Sky Landline no. to be ported over. I kept my account open with Sky and the number successfully ported over a few weeks later, I could receive/make calls and the number showed on my virgin account.

However, it came to my attention on 17th December that my number that had ported over from Sky had been randomly changed without my knowledge. I called up customer service the same day who said they will return my number and need to re-request the port which could take up to a few weeks. This didn't happen so I called CS on the 14th January 2021, yet again, I was told they are going to re-submit the port and this time they text me confirming the port will happen on 26th January 2021. My number didn't come back on the promised day so I called back on 27th and was put through to customer relations, apparently, who conveniently told me they can see on my account that a port is set to go through on the 29th Jan 2021, which hasn't happened.

As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating as it was ported in successfully and I'm confused as to how my landline number has all of a sudden been changed by you guys. I'm questioning whether trying to port the number at this stage is even going to work? It was already successfully ported and Sky closed my account after you guys took the number so there is nothing to port as it successfully migrated to Virgin. 

I really need this to be resolved so I can have my original number that I ported over, I have elderly relatives who only use landlines to contact us and as you can imagine in these times it is imperative I can be contacted in emergencies. You guys have changed my number I've had for 25 years without my knowledge, this needs to fixed ASAP as I have now had this service for 3 months without being contactable.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Landline no. transferred then changed by Virgin - Help

Hi I2110

Thanks for posting and apologies for the issues you've had with the number port. 

I've checked the system today and can see we're in the process of sorting it for you, have you spoke to the team today? Let me know if not and I'll happily provide you with the update 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
I2110
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Thank you for your swift response.

I haven’t spoken to the team today, if you could provide me an update that would be great.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll PM you now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @I2110

Thanks for joining us on PM.

Just to update the thread, the number port date has been advised.

Please check in if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos