Since weeks: intermittent fault: No dial tone, calling in makes strange sounds but no ring
I experience below for last 3 weeks:
- no dial tone - complete silence but its the sort when someone on the other end might have put you hold (not absolute cut off).
- when I don't have a dial tone and I dial my number from another mobile I get no ring. But strangely if I pick up my home phone at the same time I hear strange buzzing noise like someone else's phone might be buzzing,
- when I have a dial tone there is too excessive crackling noise on the phone,
Using online fault tracker no fault shows. I called in twice to look into the fault, both time I was put through the 'fault engineering' and keep hanging for at least 1 hour (from a mobile number that changes me heftily for 0345 numbers) and eventually am cut off.
Anyone else experience the same? I checked this forum and only way is to get engineer callout but I wish I knew how I can do this. please help
Re: Since weeks: intermittent fault: No dial tone, calling in makes strange sounds but no ring
So all know this is now fixed efficiently. Good way to get things fixed is via this forum 😊 and not over a phone call to virgin 🙄
On this forum I reported issue on Tuesday. Engineer appointment made for Friday morning. Thank you Jodi. 😊
On Friday morning engineer called 1 hour ahead of knocking on door. Very courteous and attentive engineer who figured within couple of minutes the fault would be at those green cable boxes that are on the street sides.
Within 30 mins he fixed the fault 😊. Explanation was:
- some sort of "card" that takes many people's phone lines becomes faulty and disconnects some numbers!
- he replaced the faulty card to fix my phone.
- said due to this card change the crackles will go away too (this I still notice, but seems lesser than before)