cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to Virgin home phone and keep BT number. Virign line working, no news on number port

crs123
Tuning in

A week ago I changed my broadband only contract to add Virgin landline phone switching my BT number in the process. 

The very next day my new virgin landline started working.. 

It has a virgin number and my BT line is still active with my original phone number.

I have heard nothing about when or if the number port will happen. i.e. My BT number moving to the virgin line.

If I log onto my "my virgin media" it doesn't even show my virgin landline is enabled.

How do I find out when or if this is going ahead?

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @crs123 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your number port concerns. It can take 8 working days for a number to be requested and ported. 

If this has been over 8 working days we can certainly investigate this further for you. Please do let us know if this has been the case.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It has not been 8 working days yet but I would expect some idea that it was actually in progress. 

I have nothing to indicate that anything is happening.  I have had several SMS messages that there is a delivery from yodel (actually it was whistl + Royal Mail) but that was only a standard phone booklet and a phone dongle.

My BT number is in my wife's name so I would expect something to confirm the port is correct/allowed?

We would only know if the port was rejected at the point of rejection. There can sometimes be a rejection if the names are different on the accounts. 

Just to confirm, you mention your Virgin Media landline was working. Is this with the new/temporary Virgin Media number you received when the service was added? Can you make a receive calls from this number and not the BT number? 

For example, when you try calling the new/temporary Virgin Media number, the phone rings and works as should?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Client62
Legend

What ever happens, keep the BT telephone service active. A cancelled number can not be ported.

If VM fail to port the BT number you can always port the number from BT to as real VOIP provider.

Both my exisitng BT line and new VM landline can call each other and other numbers.  Both fully working including CLID etc.  Obviously what I want is just the new VM landline on my BT number.  The BT landline and temporary VM will cease I hope.  That is the whole point of doing this.  The last thing I want is for my BT number to cease and the port to fail for some reason.

I want to avoid losing my BT number at all costs so I'd like some reassurance that things are progressing as they should.

The names on the accounts ARE different which is why I want to make sure things work correctly.

We can confirm if a port has been requested at our side but cannot see a progression of the port process, we would only see once the port has been accept or if it has been rejected. 

As you have mentioned it has not been 8 working days, there is a good chance that there is no update to advise about the port if it has been rejected or accepted, but we can take a look and see if all the information we have is correct if you have concerns, but please be advise that we do not see any progression like you are suggesting, just to manage expectations. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I joined you on a private message but you weren't responding...