Menu
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sick to death of scam phone calls from Virgin, open reach Amazon etc etc

Now getting 4-5 scam phone calls to my landline EVERY DAY......they are often 01233 or 01229 numbers, my handset can block 100 numbers, but very quickly gets full up & I have to delete and start again....there seems to be no way to stop these calls......even with a 100 blocked calls, they still come through, different numbers all the time.......I rang one number back and it was a homeowner who seemed genuine upset that his number had been used for a scam call....maybe these scammers are now cloning genuine numbers.......is that possible ???  If it goes on I will buy a new cordless phone that has a 1000 number memory and can block certain sequences of numbers....e.g. those starting in 01229 etc.....can’t block unknown numbers as many medical services phone me and I can’t risk them not getting through.....registered with TPS but makes no difference......my suggestion is for Virgin to create a database of known scam numbers from its customers and if a customers signs up for the scheme No numbers from this database will be allowed through.....the database of scam numbers would continue to grow as customers contribute their own scam caller numbers...........Come on Virgin, help your customers 🙏🙏🙏

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick to death of scam phone calls from Virgin, open reach Amazon etc etc

the numbers will be spoofed they do it all the time you can't block them

hoe can VM block scam calls when they are spoofing real numbers.

How would you like to not be able to call anyway as your home number is blocked because its been spoofed and someone reported you as a scammer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick to death of scam phone calls from Virgin, open reach Amazon etc etc

@reddwarf4ever wrote:

Now getting 4-5 scam phone calls to my landline EVERY DAY...... <snip>

Rather than trying to block individual numbers (which will simply be a never-ending and impossible task) you need to screen the calls automatically. Refer here from earlier in the week for suggestions.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-handset-to-block-unwanted-calls/m-p/4573945...

Unfortunately it does require investing in more kit to screen out the scammers.

0 Kudos