Menu
TB3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Scam calls

I’m getting 7 or 8 scam automated calls a day , claiming to be from my internet provider , saying there is illegal activity on my line and I will be disconnected. Yes I know it’s a scam and should just hang up . But my daughter is in hospital and every time phone rings I have to answer in case it’s news . I really want to change my number as it’s constant one after an another and it’s getting me down . I’ve registered with problem calls , but they still seem to have my number . 
the number they call from is 

how do I get a new number ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam calls

You should look at getting a call blocking/screening device which filters the calls and prevents the robo-calls ringing your phone.

Have a look a trueCall, CPR Call Blocker and cordless phone ranges by Panasonic and BT (though the simple ones of these only block single numbers manually and are not much use for the type of calls you have been receiving).

Post back if you require more info on these.

Also, see below a recent post, from community VIP @nodrogd, on why a 'new' number might not actually help you (apart from having to notify all your existing contacts of the number change). The replacement number might not actually be 'new' and may come with its own set of historical problems.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Can-I-change-my-landline-number/m-p/4418060#M139707

You can also report the number you mention to Action Fraud (although the number will be fake and will change over time)

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey TB3,

As you are suffering from constant nuisance calls we can arrange for a number change to take place on your account. we would be able to do this free of charge due to the situation with nuisance calls. 

If you would like me to get this arranged, please let me know and we can get the process started.

Regards

Steven_L

TB3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks , someone said you can end up with a worse situation as numbers are recycled . However I have received one call already today saying the same thing that my internet is being disconnected etc it’s draining . 
I am definitely interested 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes that could happen but if you are getting constant issues it could be better to get a new number on your account. It is correct that we would take a number from our existing pot of numbers, so it will be new to you but necessarily a new number on our network.

I will drop over a private message in a moment, so that we can get this looked into further, if you want to carry on with this, please respond to my message and we can get this arranged.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
TB3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that would be great 

0 Kudos
TB3
Tuning in