Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam calls

A client of mine got a call today to tell him that his internet was being cut off later today and he had to get a new router he used call back but it was dead. I am doing this on his behalf as he is a vulnerable adult and I can get through to virgin to ask I have only been using my phone 150 I can’t find another number 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam calls

Virgin would not phone a customer to tell them that, no routers currently used by customers are not being phased out

150 is the only number via a virgin phone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The number from non-Virgin phones is 0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you have an old router (hub 1 & 2) you may get the option to upgrade through an account (if they still work and you get your speeds, keep going 'til they conk out).  I wasn't called when I swapped my hub 1 to a hub 3.  The only thing with the old routers is that they're no longer returned to VM and that you should dispose of them as e-waste.

Any calls regarding cancellation of your account or your router being "compromised by many countries (a line from a fake recorded call)" out of the blue are fake, and should be treated as so; some of them being more obvious than others.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos