Menu
F12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Scam caller not hanging up

• I received a call which went to answer phone and the line is still engaged 1 and 3/4 hours later. I looked up the number and its a scam call. How do I clear the line?
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam caller not hanging up

Hi F12 and sorry to hear about your landline being constantly engaged. I've had a look at your line details using the information we have on here and can see a problem. The line details for yourself and a different customer of ours are the same which may explain the issue. I've removed your number from the switch as I can see an engineer has already been arranged to take a look and I've fully noted your details with the data for our Telephony Provisioning Team.

When the engineer arrives, he'll check the cabinet outside and speak to our Telephony Provisioning Team so they can check the current line location and other ones for you to get it working as expected. I'm sorry about this but do pop back on here after the visit if you're still having problems.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
F12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm the engineer won’t need to visit my accommodation. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi @F12 ,

Thank you for coming back to us, there is a technician booked you can go on your online account and and change typhi's under managed appointments.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
F12
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by typhi’s?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi F12, 

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry for the Typo, you can see the time and rearrange the visit in your online account if you need to 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
F12
Tuning in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Please read the thread from the beginning!

“When the engineer arrives, he'll check the cabinet outside and speak to our Telephony Provisioning Team so they can check the current line location and other ones for you to get it working as expected”

Does this mean he won’t have to enter my accommodation?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fiona, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this, the engineers will pop a note on your account after they have had a look at the local cabinet/switch box to say whether a further appointment needs to be booked for inside the property.

If this is the case we'll ask you some simple health questions in a PM to make sure we're keeping you and our engineers safe.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
F12
Tuning in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Does that mean I can't be charged for an engineer coming out as they're looking at the outdoor cabinet? And it can't be a fault with my landline telephone? Also is this entire thread in the public domain on the forum?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi F12,

You wont be charged for the technician, the only time there is a charge is if it is a £99.00 call out charge.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos