Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Scam call on phone bill

I received my bill from VM and was shocked to see it at over £182 when it would normally be around £75 to £100. On looking at the calls made I came across one at £63.68 for a twenty minute call to 09037270270 which apparently turns out to be Turkey. I have never in my life called Turkey and I most certainly didn't on this occasion. When looking the number up on Google it appears that others have also been caught out on this one.

Have sent a message to VM last Friday to get the call removed but as yet nothing, nadda so hopefully someone from the forum team is able to help.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam call on phone bill

There have been several posts on the forum in the last few weeks about unexplained numbers on bills. Customers find calls to 09 numbers on their bills which they advise they haven't made.

Past complaints have involved 'Information, Connection and/or Signposting Services' (ICSS) premium rate numbers. You can look up the number above on the PSA website service checker. It returns to an online supplier, although that supplier will be unconnected with the premium rate phoneline number. You can use the checker to see if you might have needed to contact that destination company for any reason and, if not, confirm the call was not one of your own.

Similar post from the last couple of weeks here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/dodgy-call-charges/m-p/4444971#M140960

0 Kudos