Menu
btdreed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SMS about adapter

I received an unsolicited SMS telling me to reply CONFIRM or click on a URL (not mentioning virgin) to request an adapter for the upcoming switch to VoIP.

Is this a scam text or just a badly thought through message ?

I don't reply to unknown numbers or click on randomly sent URLs!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS about adapter

Hi @btdreed

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I have taken a look at your account and can see your switch to VoIP is pending and we have been contacting customers to advise how to order the adapter so it would be genuine. 

Did you manage to order this?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
btdreed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alisha,

Noni haven't ordered it.  As I say, I don't reply to messages without suitable identification in them (and ' Hi it's Virgin Media' doesn't count as identification, and I definitely don't click on random URLs in a message.

Please send me the adapter, or alternatively remove the home phone (and any costs associated with it) from my account as it is pointless anyway. Only 2 people ever call it and they can contact me on the mobile. 

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @btdreed

Thanks for popping back - once you reply to the text message, we would then go through security with you to confirm you are the account holder and then the adaptor can be sent out to you. 

If you wish to change your package and remove the landline then we would invite you to give us a call on 150/03454541111 or pop us a text on 07533051809 so our Customer Care team can run through some package options with you. We're always happy to chat about your account and check for packages that best suit your needs and budget. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos