Menu
Johnb1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ripped off

Moved to virgin from talktalk to reduce our combined broadband and phone costs - signed up for £29 per month.

Disaster on install day in that the engineer drilled straight through a central heating pipe and emptied our central heating system into the living room carpet. Plumber attended that evening (Friday) to repair but had to cancel our plans as it was nearly 9pm before he was done.

Accepted three months free (£87) to compensate me for time and materials needed to repair and redecorate hole in wall where central heating pipes had to be exposed for repair.

Area manager who attended said that Virgin would arrange for carpet to be cleaned. Subsequently, had a protracted argument as to why it would be pointless to clean only a small section of the carpet.....if you have it cleaned them the whole room needs to be done. They eventually agreed and booked a Saturday morning for the cleaning to be done.

In the appointed day, we waited in all day but no cleaner showed up. No answer on the contact no we had been given.....straight to answerphone and no call back.

Rang them on Monday to complain .....received a half hearted apology and no willingness to discuss any compensation for wasting half my weekend.

Have now had the carpet cleaned at our own expense.

Here's the nub though......unintelligible call billing means that due to mid week calls we are paying  £80+ pounds a month instead of the £40 we were paying before.

Counting the days to the end of our contract so I can ditch these clowns and move to another (better and more customer focused) provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ripped off

Hi Johnb1966,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the poor experience that you've had with Virgin Media.

I'd be happy to assist you if you're still seeking a resolution to the issues that you've been having, have you since been able to speak with the Area Field Manager in regards to this matter?

Do you still have a complaint open with Virgin Media or has this been closed with a satisfactory resolution being met?

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Johnb1966
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We remain very very unsatisfied.  I paid to have a carpet cleaned at our own expense (after your engineer drilled through a central heating pipe)

And I have heard nothing about the whole day we wasted waiting in vain for your carpet cleaner to turn up in the first place.

I am very disappointed in the service we have received.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advising me of this Johnb1966,

I'm willing to look into this for you to see if we can have this resolved for you.

I'll drop you a PM to get into your account after passing data protection.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for my message

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos