cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring time too short before voice mail

adebisi
Tuning in

Is there away to change the amount of time it take for the phone to ring before going to the voicemail. I called to speak to someone today and after a 40 min call they could not change anything, they are sending out a technician to fix the problem but that seems like something that could be done over the phone or remotely. I'm not sure what a technician coming to the house would be able to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @adebisi 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of you're concerns with your landline and appointment. 

We are able to extend the rings of your landline for people contacting you, but are unable to change the amount of rings made when you are contacting someone else. 

If this is with you landline and for people contacting you, just to confirm, how many rings does your landline make before it goes to your voicemail? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @adebisi 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of you're concerns with your landline and appointment. 

We are able to extend the rings of your landline for people contacting you, but are unable to change the amount of rings made when you are contacting someone else. 

If this is with you landline and for people contacting you, just to confirm, how many rings does your landline make before it goes to your voicemail? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes people contacting us. It does but give us very long. It seems to ring 4 times before going to the voicemail. Can it be extended? 

Thanks for confirming @adebisi 

We can extend the rings if it's only 4 rings to either, 6, 8 or 10 rings. 

We can only do this for customers who have their landlines plugged into a master/extension sockets at the wall, we are unfortunately, unable extend rings on phones that have been migrated to the new IP systems and are connected into the back of the router. 

Let me know if you have your landline connected to the wall via a master/extension and we can have a go at our side to see if we can request the ring extension 🙂 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes it's in the old wall socket not in the router. Please extend it to 10 rings for us. Thank you

Great thanks for confirming. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security and we'll get this requested for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @adebisi 

Glad we were able to get this all requested for you at our side. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley