cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Virgin kit

Alun135
Dialled in

Right I suggest when you get the package to return the kit send it from the shops you are given a choice of.

I opted to have them collected virgin gave me a date to collect

Since then they have been an absolute pain in the perverbial

I get texts and emails regularly threatening to charge me for the stuff

Does the right hand not know whatvthe left is doing in this company.

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Alun135, 

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask whether you've received a date for collection of the equipment?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes it's tomorrow

The thing is it was agreed that it was to bev collected on that date weeks ago

Since then I have had email and texts telling me that it's not been received for the last 3-4 weeks

Of course it has not been received they not collected it yet

Honestly the virgin system sucks I will be glad once I have seen the last of the company

I have been with them since cable and wireless not once have they honored that loyalty

I will not recommend the company just on telephone numbers alone their refusal to transfer the number is pathetic and child full 

I doubt I will ever return now I have made the break to freeview I can get everything I want  via amazon prime and netflix

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Alun135, 

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear this, I know the emails can be annoying they are automatically sent when the equipment has not been received.

I hope all goes well with the return. Please keep us posted.

Zoie

Zoie (and original author Alun),

It looks like I am at the start of the same stupid chain of events.  I cancelled my service from Monday 23rd May.  On the 24th I received a text message telling me that my equipment (kit) would be collected on Monday 30th.  I then received a further 3 messages confirming this and reminding me to get the kit ready to be collected - the last on at 08:00 on Monday 30th.

No collection time was specified so I tried to find out from customer services if someone could give me an approximate time or notificaion of when they would arrive.

13:00 on the 30th, another text telling me that no one is available to collect the kit and new arrangements would be made.  Great - a complete waste of a morning for me (and my wife who helps me - her diisabled husband) and an opportunity to go through the same again.  Contact customer services to complain and ask about compensation.  A prepaid packing case is going to be sent to me but forget any compensation - they don't do that.

Be aware of this apparently not unusual chain of events - waste of customer's time and no compensation despite VM stating that a missed engineer appointment will be compensated at £25.  Shambolic.

Frank

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @frankst237,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that your equipment has not been collected today. 

I can see that you've already been in touch with our team to discuss this issue further. Please keep our team updated on how you get on and when your equipment is collected or when you receive a pre-paid returns pack.

You can always order another pre-paid returns equipment pack via our Return Kit page.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Frank eventually everything was sorted for me

Now if like me you are going freeview and have televisions in other rooms

All the white cables used are in actual fact coax cables

Just fit the end cap onto the harness coming into the house you are then free to go and use the wires for ariel for tv

The junction boxes they go into are simply splitters of the signal you will find the input is the single input at the top of the unit the ones at the bottom are outlets of the input.

The screw fittings are readily obtainable in screw fix or even on line

Just search for "F" connectors and co-ax you can get Just connectors or even short flexible leads

All you need to do is get an ariel put up

Presently I am using an indoor one

You will probably find that you can use them for satellite feeds as well

I have gone with Vodafone broadband

No noticible difference between them and virgin except for the price

For what it was costing me with virgin for BB

I now have BB, telephone, new iphone 13, a second line for my wife's fone and an extra £20.00 in wallet 

All the best don't look back and save some money

Alun, thanks for the reply.  I never actually used VM for TV, I was just on Broadband and Home Phone.  I was already using NowTV for other stuff outside the freeview service that came through a fairly new aerial.

The post was simply a frustrated shout about VM in this case just not caring about leaving people hanging on and not just saying early enough to be useful that their "technician" wasn't going to arrive.  Why should they care if we have sat around all morning waiting for a non-existent call to collect my old kit???

They surely knew first thing in the morning that they did not intend to call - a simple lack of interest in what happens to the customer despite all their words about customer satisfaction being hugely important to them.

I have switched to a 4G mobile phone service using a 4G router and up to now it is very good and extremely good value compared to the Virgin service.  £16 per month rather than £40 per month plus using a VOIP service from a company called Sipgate to whom I ported my old home landline number.

Stay happy, Frank