Menu
Boneywoney
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Restrict calls from home phone

I would like to put a restriction on calls from my Virgin home phone in the same way I have a restriction on my Virgin Mobile account.  I am overseas at the moment so calling Virgin is out of the question and I can't find an email address where I could contact Virgin.  Can anyone advise, many thanks.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Restrict calls from home phone

Hello

First of all I am afraid that Virginmedia do not offer support by email.

What do you mean you want to restrict calls on your landline, are you trying too stop all calls, international etc ?

Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/snippets/help/call-barring this is a subscription service, and would have to be initiated from the actual phone, once you have subscribed to it. If you look at https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf it tells yoou what you can do and which calls can be barred.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Boneywoney
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.  I was hoping to stop all calls from my home phone bar emergency numbers because I'm concerned my line may be abused, I wanted to protect myself.  I can't set up a bar from the phone as I'm on the other side of the world.  It doesn't really surprise me as Virgin are virtually impossible to contact unless one wants to upgrade in some way, I've been with them long enough to how unhelpful they can be and why they don't offer email as a method of contact.  Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Boneywoney

Thanks for your post 

I have checked few things from here and we can add Call barring 

The only downside is that its Customer operated 

Meaning you would have to activate this by a combination of buttons from the Telephone Keypad 

Sadly we are not able to do this remotely 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos