cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting phone number port

mwevm
Joining in

I signed up for Fibre broadband and home phone in October last year, all connected and working OK.  When signing up, I was told you could port my old BT number to my new line, but at the time I wanted to delay this as I still needed to keep the old line for a while, so was advised to contact VM when I was ready.

I would now like to port the number and close down the old BT line, but I cannot see how I can request this to be performed - the "contact us" link on the myvirginmedia page just loads a page not found error.

Can someone point me to where I can make this request please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mwevm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to get this port in request submitted for you. 

I will private message you now to get some details. 

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mwevm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to get this port in request submitted for you. 

I will private message you now to get some details. 

^Martin

Same question, porting a number from BT, though I've had this service since the days of Blueyonder/Telewest.

Might be an idea to have an option for this kind of issue on 150 - even a "Please hold for an operator" would be preferable to the limited options on there.

S.B.

A quick vote of thanks to Martin_N for following up on this - the number was ported over as requested, your help was much appreciated.

Hi there @mwevm

Thank you so much for your update and letting us know, it's great to hear this has gone ahead and is now resolved! 

I will pass this on to Martin so he knows as well! 

Thanks again.