cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting phone issue

criso
Tuning in

My phone has stopped working and I can't see how to report a fault.

It says no known service issues but line is dead, can't call out or receive calls.

Help takes you round in circles and no option to report fault.

I can't call 150 as phone is not working.

9 REPLIES 9

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @criso 👋,

A warm welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your landline isn't working and I'd love to help you further. 

Can you confirm if you have followed the troubleshooting steps here 👉 Why is my Virgin landline not working? 

Let us know so we can offer further support. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

criso
Tuning in

Hi Alisha

Handset is working but just does not appear to be connected, no dialtone.

An engineer moved the junction box (neighbours complained about its location,) and it hasn't worked since so it's likely something something was broken then.  I've been reading on here about move to fibre, is it possible he did this but didn't tell anyone. 

I'll pop you a PM so I can take a closer look into this for you 📩

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

criso
Tuning in

Have replied 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @criso 

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for organising, I've rescheduled via the online form as wasn't able to be there for the original.

Hopefully this engineer will be able to work out what the last engineer did.

Thanks for the update @criso 

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Quick update.

Technician visited. He could see instantly that when the previous one moved the box, he had disconnected the telephone line.  

I offered to plug in to the router so he got an adapter.  Took a while to get the line activated, it wasn't straightforward and involved several calls on the technician's part but my phone is working now.

I'm a little annoyed though that the original technician disconnected me and left me without a phone for a week and that it's not possible to log an issue via the website and I had to ask on here.

Hi @criso 

Thanks so much for the update. 

I am glad things are sorted now and sincerely apologise for the previous poor experience.

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team