Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Replace cable to the house from road

Is it possible to get a quote to replace my service cable from the road to my house? My current cable is too short and I want to re-route it around the perimiter of a planting area in front of my property.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace cable to the house from road

Hi there boreeto, thanks for posting.

Usually there is a standard charge of £99.00 for a call out where there's no fault with the service or installation required.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

I'm actually after a quote to replace the cable. Is this something I can get help with? It's more because the cable needs to be longer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi boreeto,

Thank you for coming back to us, If it is the internal cable you need extending we can send a tech to do this and it would be a one off £99.00, this also covers a relocation of equipment.

Kind regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Its the external cable, between the house and the cabinet. Who might I be able to call to arrange this?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi boreeto,

Thank you for coming back to us, In regards to outside cable needing changing , what is the reason behind it being replaced, is it a fault?

Kind regards

Paul.

Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So the main reason is that I'm landscaping the part where the cable runs and wish to re-route it. The internet service is ok. The phone line however hasn't worked for months so its possible that someone digging might have "nicked" the cable, the green flex conduit is broken in a number of places. Any damage would have been my contractors doing the landscaping if indeed the phone fault is that.

As I said the main reason is so I have enough distance on the cable to re-route it. I am happy to pay for this to be done (as long as its not £1000s of course!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

boreeto,

Thank you for that, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can take more details and get this looked into, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks VM team for reaching out to me on this question - super support!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all @boreeto - you know where we are if you need anything further. 

Cheers for popping back. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos