Menu
Lisajohns
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Repeated phone calls from virgin

I am recieving almost daily phone calls claiming to be from virgin saying that they are getting multiple fault reports for my broadband. I’ve refused to deal with them as I don’t trust these are genuine calls. How do I know wether they are real or not? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Repeated phone calls from virgin

Hello

From what you are saying I do believe that they are scam phone calls, it is very rare that VM would call you for faults on your broadband.

What numbers called you ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisajohns
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike thanks for the answer. It’s from a withheld number. Also definitely from a call centre as the line goes dead for a while before they respond to you. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HHello

Yeah 100% certain that it is a scam, if VM call you thay would ask some really important questions i.e. are you the account holder, they will also ask you for some characters from your password, one good point to mention best option if you are unsure is too say you will call VM directly.

Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls which gives some good help on scam / fraudulent calls.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisajohns
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. I shall continue hanging up on them 😊 

0 Kudos