Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Repairs to Telephone services

Hello

Has the fault been reported to VM ?

What is the fault ?

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 phone lines - in different parts of the house

Call centre made a mistake and disconnected one of them 4 weeks ago

I called and engineer came 3 weeks ago to re connect 2nd line - with a different number apparently this could not be avoided

Engineer worked until past 19:00 and left hurriedly saying it was fixed and working - and it was but the first line which is the one used mostly was now defunct.

Called and 1 week later another engineer called again late in the day and worked until 20:00 and again aid he could not fix it back the way it was and left me with a temporary connection and telephone wires sticking out of the wall where the connection point had been.

He said the problem from here on in would be handled by the Field service team as a priority to repair the issues they had caused- not the call centre who are painfully difficult to contact and extremely unable to help - customer disservce?

The local Field Service Managers response has been to put it back into the system and pass it back to the inadequate customer services team - result is I now have to wait another week for the problem caused by Virgin to be rectified - hopefully they send someone who can put my installation back to how it was for the last several years

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A warm welcome to our Community Forum longterm_user and sorry to hear about your landline woes.

I just want to ask some questions to make sure that I understand which line is and isn't working so I can help.

You have two lines (lets say Line A and Line B) and one was faulty. Our engineer came out and disconnected/looked at the wrong one so both lines are not working or is one working? When the engineer visited, the work he did, was it inside your home or was it at the cabinet outside? I assume some works was done inside s you mention some wires being exposed.

I've had a look at your account and can confirm that I can see two lines. You've mentioned about numbers which we can get clarified privately but I also want to see where we're at with the physical fault.

Please get back to me so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

Apologies for delay but I had to go out yesterday. anyhow full details listed here:-

I have been a Virgin Broadband customer for customer for 20+ years?? In 2011 we switched everything from BT to Virgin cable - Broadband - Home Phone - TV. For Home phone we have 2 descrete Lines 465064 and 431889 - 465064 also has an extension - this has been the case since 1999 and was the case when we switched to Virgin Cable - we have always and continue to pay for 2 lines.

On 16/07/2020 I called Virgin and had BT Sport added to my TV bundle - the operator very kindly suggested that I was paying too much and she could reduce my monthly bill from £107 to£69 per month - why would I not! great I thought - at no stage did the operator tell me that this involved cancelling my second line (431889) Had she done so I would not have agreed, Over the following week it became obvious that the line had been disconnected by Virgin, after several failed attempts and too much of my life I finally got through to Customer Services who informed me that they would arrange for an engineer to come out and reinstate the line but that I had lost the original number (431889) and that after the line was up and running I could phone and have the original number re-instated ?? I have since been told that this statement was not accurate. The Bill was uplifted to include the charge for 2 lines again on 10/08/2020 - not back to £107 but to £87 per month so it appears I had been overcharged for some time previously.

The engineers appointment was set for 12/08/2020 which was a long time but the 1st line (465064) was still working - on the day at about 30 minutes before the end of the allotted time slot (18:00) there was no sign of the engineer so I called Customer services to ask what the process would be if the engineer did not show - i.e. would the engineer automatically reschedule to the next day - the Customer Service operator repeated the time slot for the 12/08/2020 and that he was sure the engineer would arrive and that he would get a message to the engineer and to reassure me he gave me the engineers ID number, very shortly after that the Engineer called me to tell me that he was running late and would it be OK if he arrived significantly later than promised - I said OK. he turned up and after some time working in the house and on the junction boxes in the locality he came back an told us that line 2 was working but the new number was 440911 - he bustled off rather hurriedly it was by this time well into the evening and we were having dinner. What he did not tell me was that the1st line (465064) was after his call no longer working.

After interminable delays I contacted Customer services on 13/08/2020 and informed them that as a result of the engineers work the evening before we had lost the 1st line - he arranged to get an engineer to call the next day (14/08/2020) but as he was signing off he suddenly told me I could not have that appointment and after some delay came back and said the appointment would now be 17/08/2020 - he offered no explanation - I protested that the effect of this would be that my primary line would be out of order for effectively 4 days because of a fault created by the Virgin engineer and did he think this was OK could he do something to improve on that - he was totally unable to help with the problem - I asked to talk to a supervisor who when he came on was less than helpful and more or less said tough luck - I asked if he could get through to field maintenance to see if there was any rescheduling possible but he told me that "they were not allowed to contact filed maintenance and that he had no means of doing so" which is either an appalling policy by Virgin or an inaccurate statement.

Again on 17/08/2020 the time slot for the engineer expired at 18:00 and again the engineer called very near the time to say he was running late and would we still ant him to come that evening I said yes most definitely. The engineer spent a lot of time on site trying to get the1st line and the extension working back to were it had been since 2011 - but could not work out how to wire up the phone and the extension finally at around 20:00 he left having managed to connect a line to a handset next to the front door but having disconnected the main house handset so we have to scuttle to the front door to use the phone - not as it was but inconvenient. He aid this was temporary and that the next morning he would raise the issue with his area manager and she would arrange for another engineer to come out as a matter of priority to fix the issue and to help the engineer he had left the phone point for the main hand set unattached with the wires sticking out of the wall. He said that the area manager would call me as this was now no longer a customer service issue but a Filed Service issue so I would not need to deal with Customer Services after all the difficulties I had had.

Th engineer did at least call me on 18/08/2020 to inform me that the area managers way of dealing with the problem caused by a Virgin engineer was to apparently put the problem back into the system and that a slot for another engineers visit had ben set for 25/08/2020 8 days from the failed visit on the 17th - some priority - oh and if I wanted to raise the matter I was to call Customer Services as the area manager had handed the matter back to them! Again its another late appointment so I am expecting another call to say "I am running late will you still be there" sub text can I drop the visit, or am I just being cynical.

Summary

Virgin customer service operator made a mistake and I lost a phone line

Engineer who called to remedy the mistake created another problem and I lost a Phone line

Engineer 2 who called to remedy mistake by engineer 1 did not know how to remedy the mistake so 3rd engineer is scheduled to all

Since the first mistake by the customer service operator on 16/07/2020 it will be 40 days until engineer 3 turns up and restores my service to where it was prior to 16/07/2020

Sorry its so long but its an accurate record of the problems I have been experiencing

M W Somerton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll PM you now so I can get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

John

I am amazed that you say you need to get some details - did not the detailed description of the multiple errors made by Virgin staff members contained in my earlier 1182 word reply give you enough to go on??

And why do you think I need advice on paying the bill - I have been paying Virgin for the services I receive (or not as the case may be) by direct debit for over 20 years!!!

I fully expect that despite your and Lisa's offers to look into the problem for me that you will hit the same brick wall that I did namely that Virgin has lost the excellent customer service that it used to have - something to do with newish owners perhaps??

I used laud Virgin media and recommend it to others I don't feel I can do that any more

M W Somerton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. The details I have asked for are the specific account details which we would only ask you for in the form of a PM that I have sent you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

John

I have completed the reply box to the PM - but cant be sure it got through as there does not appear to be a send button - I just pressed enter did you get my reply to the PM

RSVP 

Bill Somerton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill, not come through yet, can you try again for me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos