Menu
Ratan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Red phone light flashing on router for few days now

Hi !

Hope your well.

I have transferred from talk talk phone to virgin media on Monday and I was told it usually takes 24 hours to get it transferred and the red phone will stop flashing, but its Friday today and its still flashing and no phone land line, subsequently we have been trying to contact the virgin engineer who set it up but with not much luck.

Can someone inform us more about how long will this take or is this an issue ? as we have many close family members who have been trying to call us but cant get through and would like to get this sorted as soon as.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Ratan

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Red phone light flashing on router for few days now

Hi there @Ratan

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your landline via  your Hub. 

I have located your account from your forum information and have done a few checks on your line from here; from what I can see, the line is not fully enabled. It won't allow me to manually do this so I have escalated this to our internal back office team to take a closer look. The usual timescale for this is 24 hours. 

You are also impacted by a known area issue that can cause intermittent broadband issues; as you get your landline via your broadband hub, you could get some interruption with the line but as  you are having no service since installation, it's best that we take a look at the line directly. 

Please do feel free to pop back here for updates and myself or a colleague can check for updates for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ratan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie, for the prompt reply, much appreciated. I will await for the updates.

have a good day.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your patience @Ratan; hopefully everything will be back up and running for you very soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ratan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Hope your keeping well today.

Any updates on the phone line?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ratan

Sadly we don't have an update right now

The Back office Team are still working on this 

Gareth_L

Ratan
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie/Gareth,

Hope you both had a nice weekend.

Is it possible that you can send an engineer to sort out the problem as soon as, because its been 2 days and your back office havn't been able to sort out the issue and its been now a week that our phone line not been working.

Regards,

Ratan

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ratan,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. The issue is being worked on by our second line faults team. Apologies for the delay, but they are working on getting things sorted as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos