Menu
harrismix
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reactivation fee for home phone

Hi, My 83 year old Mother has Virgin Cable, for years her home phone feature had a fault, she paid the monthly fee and wasn't able to use it, so we had the phone feature removed from her account. Now unfortunately we need to have it re-enabled on her account and to get it working so that she has a working home phone line in case of emergencies, even though most other providers include home phone I understand that Virgin have a monthly fee for the home phone, even though this is not very competitive to other providers I accept that this is reasonable, what I don't think is reasonable however is to have to pay a new installation/activation charge (which I think is about £65?) to just have the home phone facility enabled on the account, because we had it before and just enabling this feature won't require an engineer visit. Do you think it is possible for me to have her phone line re-activated ASAP on her account without incurring a fee for doing this please?  Thanks for your advice. Simon

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reactivation fee for home phone

Hi

Happy to arrange for someone to call you about this tomorrow. 

Please send me over a PM with the full address and a contact number. 

Thanks

Richard, Install Manager

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
harrismix
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have just sent you a message with all details.

0 Kudos
harrismix
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I am rather unhappy and getting the impression that Virgin Media currently has no functioning customer service team, I didn't receive a call so I went into the account and upgraded to a package with home phone, the order went smoothly until a couple of hours later I receive an email saying the Virgin Media Team need me to call them (?) in order to proceed and the phone number I am supposed to call on the email is just a message saying that due to Coronavirus nobody can answer the call, then the line goes dead. Now I get that Coronavirus is affecting everyone but cable/internet/phone is an essential utility and customers need to be able to contact their providers so can someone please help, I need this order that I placed processed or I need to speak to someone - anyone! to get this actioned and my mother's phone line activated - thanks!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to get the home phone service added back onto your mum's account. I'm afraid we cannot changes packages on here but have you tried calling us on 0345 454 1111 or texting us on 0753 305 1809 to get it added?

If your mum is the account holder, she will be asked to pass security first but after that, there shouldn't be a problem adding it. The system may ask to contact us if it sees that there is something on the account that may require a call. For example, a bundle, or to clarify something.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos