cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: voicemail notfication but no voicemail

seagull104
Joining in

Hi

Can I jump in here please? I have exactly the same problem using a BT 2200 system on my landline. The dial tone tells me I have a message waiting but there is no message. I have tried all the recomended soliutions except doing a factory reset on the BT2200 system which would be very tedious with no guarantee of success. Surely this is a Virgin problem and should be fixed by Virgin?

15 REPLIES 15

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @seagull104, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the landline and the voicemail.
May I ask if you have another landline to use and see if the issu continues?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi llyas

The problem has niw gone away. I couldn't say if I did anything to fix it. Maybe Virgin did??

Hi there @seagull104 

Thank you so much for popping back to us and I am glad that the issues has now resolved. There may have been a fault that was resolved, but I cannot see any notes in particular in regards to this. 

Please do monitor and let us know how things are looking going forward and if the fault reappears. 

Thanks for your interest, nice to know you're there. Will get back if any further issues.

Sorry to jump in here, but we have the same problem with 1571 on our BT Decor 2200.  Any advice you can give us please?

Hi @AEDAW,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your landline service recently. Would you mind expanding on the situation you're experiencing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

As I said, I did the previous suggested things like leaving a recorded message via my mobile which I then deleted. Initially the 1571 continued to suggest a non-existent message but the second time I tried it was all clear and no more problems. Looked definitely virginal to me but they said not.

We have a BT Decor 2200 landline.  When we lift the handset there is an intermittent dialling tone which indicates a message has been left.  The 1571 button in also flashing, which indicates there is a message.  When we dial 1571 there is no new message and no saved messages either.  

Hi @AEDAW,

Thank you for expanding on this. I'm so sorry to hear this is happening.

Have you tried what's been suggested in the previous post in this thread to see if that also helps you to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!