Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Switch telephone landline to Hub 3 digital

On our wavelength

Hi does anybody know what type of socket comes out of the telephone base unit,I can't get access to my wall socket,so was looking at getting an extension to plug into the hub


Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @impy1 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

You can find out all you need to know about the cables we use for set up here

Please let us know if you need any further help.


Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Alessandro Volta

Most connections to a phone base would be RJ11.

But, if your VM landline is currently coming in via a telephone master wall socket, you won't be able to just plug a phone into the VM hub and use the line that way. VM needs to switch you over to a connection via the hub. This is sometimes done as an alternative to repairing a fault on an existing line or as part of VM's rolling programme for switchover.

On our wavelength

Yes thanks I know I have to plug the phone cable into the adaptor they will send,I just wanted to get a replacement cable from the phone to this adaptor, because as I said I can't get access to the phone socket,without moving heavy dresser,thank for your help

Hi @impy1 thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like it we need to help you book a technician to set up what needs to be done with your telephone migration. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.