cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No telephone line

grahamknox1948
Joining in

[MOD EDIT: Personal details]

No telephone connection for over a week..what is going on please ?

27 REPLIES 27

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @grahamknox1948 thanks for your post here in the Community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I've checked things over for you and even though there is a network outage that could be causing intermittent loss, you shouldn't be having a total loss of service.

Due to this, please allow me to send you a PM to discuss this further so I can look at sending a technician to you.

Please expect this message to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks - no internet connection ; sporadic connection or notification that the connection network has changed still experienced. The message from Virgin still states "intermittent problems in the BH6 4DQ area....our engineers are working hard to deal with a complex issue etc...." This has been the case now for about two weeks and still no resolution...yes granted you have achieved a reconnection back for our home phone ; that was a step in the right direction...!

Hi @grahamknox1948,

I am really sorry to hear that you now seem to be facing some issues with your broadband connection. I've taken a look on our systems and it appears there's a known fault in the area, and the current estimated fix date/time for this is approximately 3:00pm on September 5th.

If your issues continue after this time, let us know and we can take a closer look. In the meantime, if you head to the Service Status Checker that you've referred to using in your last post, you can also see the current estimated fix date/time there along with the option to receive updates via email and/or SMS.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you. I shall await an update after inspection on 5th September next.....

Good morning,

No improvement on the broadband connection it would appear...What we suggest is that unless this fault can be rectified within the next 14 days that we be released from our contract in relation specifically for broadband. We are prepared to stick with Virgin for phone and tv for now. That will give us time to look round for an alternative Broadband provider...

Cherrie and Graham Knox

Hi @

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. 

I have check at our side and can see that the area issue estimated fix has been extended to 7th September 2022 at 15:00. I can assure you, our engineers are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. Once the outage looks closed/fixed, please reboot your equipment and let us know if you have any further issues. ~CS~

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi - still no change to signal today..did any action take place yesterday ?

Hi grahamknox1948,

Thank you for posting. 

I have checked from our side and I am sorry to report that the issue is taking us longer than expected to repair. 

The new current estimated fix date is for the 13th September 3pm. 

We apologise for the delay and want to assure you that our team are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hello - did the fix date happen ?