cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost my landline number

Hiten-81
Tuning in

I have had the same problem I joined virgin from sky and registered I want the telephone transferred and it all went through and I had a month before my services from sky would terminate so on the 16th March which was my last day I contacted virgin on the 15th to check why the number had not yet been transferred and they said it would be done in a couple of days and then they cut me off

again I called on the 16th the last day with sky and I was told the same I asked to check if they had the sky port number and they said yes.

I called after a couple of days and then told it was not processed This is very frustrating our telephone for over 20 years is now gone I want this number back I’ve spoken to sky and they said the number is now recycled can this number be retrieved now by yourselves and re-established as virgin have had 1 month to sort it out while both services were running simultaneously

Hiten

7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hiten-81,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that your landline number port was not completed when you moved providers from Sky to ourselves. I completely understand that losing your long term number must be very frustrating. 

I will do my best to help you look into this, but please keep in mind that if Sky advised that the number is recycled, there might be limited steps that I can take. I will do my best to help. I will send you a Private Message to look into this, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope a the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hiten-81,

Thanks for your message to Paulina - she won't be back in for a few days, so I'm picking up some of her messages 🙂 hope that's OK.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your TV service and recordings. So we can run diagnostics for you, can you please ensure that both TV boxes are turned on? Also, can you please confirm if you have this issue on both TV boxes?

Thank you

Beth

Hello Beth 

This is for my mother who is the account holder but I am authorised to speak to you all as per my conversation with paulina.

she only has 1 box and the box is on please could you carry out the diagnostic on the box and I will be heading over to my mums after work today I should be with her around 5- 5.15pm 

could this all be done and tested before I get there and I can check if it has worked at all??

thank you Beth for your assistance 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hiten-81

Thank you for your reply

Can you confirm if the box is plugged in via an ethernet cable or if this is wirelessly? Can you run into the settings, network and test the network connection please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Yes I can confirm the network cable is connected and the box is on I’m on the settings now can you see on your ends

Network connection is good 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hiten-81

Thanks for your reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team