cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Landline no dial tone or calls

Grewer9
Tuning in

Hi guys. Similar issue for me too. Been going on for a few weeks, although I haven’t bothered reporting the fault as yet, hoping it would rectify itself, but it hasn’t. 
Two handsets tried, new cables tried, not fixed and no issues reported on the Virgin site. 
No ringtone when trying to dial out, just a static open line sound. 
Phone will ring when calling in (from mobile), but upon accepting the call all I can hear is a very crackly phone ringing tone. The mobile phone calling in does not register that the landline handset has accepted the call, just carries on ringing out tone. So, in a nutshell, when trying to call out on the landline we get no ringtone, but we do get an open line crackly sound. 

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grewer9, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having landline problems.

I've checked our systems and there aren't any obvious signs of a fault on the line, but it doesn't mean we can't get an engineer out to you.

I'm going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some security questions just so I can get this booked in.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grewer9, thanks for your PM confirming the details I requested.

I've booked a technician in for you for the nearest available date and time - you'll get a text message notification of this that comes through soon, but if you sign into your My Virgin Media app you'll be able to view this right away, and reschedule it if the date/time doesn't work for you too.

I do have to state the following as per our policies: If the issue for the technician's apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further help!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you Tom. Appreciate the swift response. 

Hi @Grewer9, that's no problem I'm more than happy to help!

Take care and many thanks.

Tom_W

Hi Tom, apologies, however I’m not getting the option to reschedule to tech appointment. I can see the appointment on the app but no button or option to reschedule. 
Is this something you can do from your side ?  If so, I’d like to reschedule for either Saturday 5th or Monday 7th March if possible. 
Thankyou 

Hi @Grewer9, thanks for your post although how strange - I do apologise.

Not to worry at all, I'll send you a PM as we can't disclose publicly specific appointment times, I'll help you there so please expect another private message in a moment.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grewer9, thanks for your message last night.

I'm pleased to confirm that I've got you the appointment that you've requested, so please expect a text message confirmation soon and also you'll be able to view this on your My Virgin Media app!

Many thanks

Tom_W