Menu
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Rang Virgin Media Customer Support - they charged me £22.50 - but I have anytime calls?

I rang Virgin Media Customer Support.  Now I notice that I have been charged £22.50 for the call.  But (apart from the fact I did not get through) as I have Talk more Anytime Call package, not sure how charges are calculated, is there a link (I have been on the WebChat now since 27 Nov waiting for them to respond).

Please help so I understand my bill?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rang Virgin Media Customer Support - they charged me £22.50 - but I have anytime calls?

Hi there @KHussain

Welcome back to our Community, sorry that you've had some issues with being charged to call us. It's 100% free of charge to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile. If you choose to call us on our 03454541111 number, this will be charged accordingly depending on your phone package.

You advised that you're on our Talk More Anytime package - this package does include inclusive calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers at any time of day or weekend. However, for the call to be free, you do need to hang up before 60minutes and redial. Any call to an 01, 02 or 03 number over 60minutes will be charged at standard rate.

Have a check on your bill and see how long you were connected - if it was longer than 60 minutes then that would be the reason for the charge. We would advise to call us on 150 if you need to contact us again to ensure the call is fee regardless how long you're connected.

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rang Virgin Media Customer Support - they charged me £22.50 - but I have anytime calls?

Dear Katie.  Thank you for your response.  You are indeed correct, we waited 87min and then it cut off, So we rang again next morning!   We were not aware of the 150 number (as opposed to the "normal number"), we just did what we were asked by the webchat person the day before.  Now that we know, I will ring the 150 number (in addition to waiting on the web-chat for the last four days).  Thanks  k

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @KHussain - I am sorry that you were not advised about our standard free number. 

What is it that you're contacting us about; I can see you posted last week about some broadband issues; is it that reason you are calling? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Dear Katie

Yes, I am afraid so, it's a bit on going (I originally thought it was my set up but there is nothing more to change on my side ... got a new computer yesterday ... crashed).

I don't think any point any more (not the forum). I do not think it will improve and charging me a telephone bill to raise the issue ... well .....

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you've been having some broadband issues. 

I've taken a look into the back end of things and can see the hub has been up a while and there are some errors. 

So we can run some further diagnostics can you reboot the hub and let me know when this has been done? 

Please can you also ensure the hub is in the up right position and in an open space? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Okay .... So ... still having problems .... the BroadBand Quality Monitoring says we have been dropping out because of external congestion .... however, I have rebooted the whole thing (again) .... 

0 Kudos
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The helpdesk asked me to try "splitting" the wifi signal into 2g and 5g ... have tried that ... not really any difference

My wife's office has even given her a new portable ... see if that works with a weaker signal ... no real impact ...

... having rebooted .... now a combined 2g and 5g signal again .... let me know if there is anything you can see at the back end....

my last complaint was resolved by Virgin Media on the basis I have been "educated" ... wifi still breaks down of course .... so don't quite understand the "education" I have received ... 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello KHussain,

Sorry to hear this has happened 

I have had a look at the hub and can see that your Downstream levels are nearly out of range 

To fix this we would need an engineer to come out 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
KHussain
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I would log, disconnect for last 8 mind (we were sat at dining room table having a snack, tv was on in corner using free to air - not on internet - i wa just google'ing and noticed no connection). Now using WiFi dongle we purchased.  Looking forward to being "educated" ... perhaps it was the TV?

0 Kudos